Films & Other Videos
Films with: Altmayer, Nicolas
- Conquête The conquest /
- Nicolas Sarkozy's rise to the French presidency through the lens of his unraveling marriage to then-wife Cecilia. This lampoon depicts the future president as a bold and unashamed virtuoso of political combat, whose inattention to his disintegrating domestic partnership emerges as his chief vulnerability.
- DVD 9306
- Warsaw, December 1945: the Second World War is finally over and Mathilde is treating the last of the French survivors of the German camps. When a panicked Benedictine nun appears at the clinic one night begging Mathilde to follow her back to the convent, what she finds there is shocking: a holy sister about to give birth and several more in advanced stages of pregnancy.
- DVD 12085
- Nouvelle amie The new girlfriend /
- François Ozon's psychological drama about Claire, a young woman whose closest friend since childhood, Lea, passes away leaving behind her husband, David, and a newborn baby. One day Claire drops by David's house unexpectedly, and finds him feeding his baby with a bottle while dressed in his dead wife's clothes. He explains that Lea was aware of his predilection, and his relief that he's able to share his secret with someone moves both of them to create a female persona for him named Virginia. As David begins to identify more strongly as Virginia, this leads to confusing and conflicting feelings in Claire, and causes a rift between her and her husband.
- DVD 12191
- OSS 117 le Caire, nid d'espions /
- Secret agent Hubert Bonisseur de la Bath, a.k.a. OSS 117 who in the tradition of Maxwell Smart and Inspector Clouseau somehow succeeds in spite of his ineptitude. After a fellow agent is murdered, Hubert is ordered to take his place.
- DVD 7372