Films & Other Videos
Films with: Aghdashloo, Shohreh
- For Neda
- The story of Neda Agha Soltan, a young woman who was killed during demonstrations disputing the results of the election held in Iran in 2009. She became a symbol of the protest movements in Iran when a film showing her dying in the street was broadcast worldwide. To get a true picture of Neda, Iranian journalist Saeed Kamali Dehghan secretly interviews her family. They tell of her commitment to women's rights, personal freedom and self-expression. Also included is commentary by Iranian exiles, journalists, academics, computer media specialists, one of Neda's university friends, and a doctor who witnessed Neda's death.
- DVD 8307
- House of Saddam
- Revealing the private world of Saddam Hussein and his inner circle, this gripping miniseries charts the rise and fall of one of the most significant political figures in recent history.
- DVD 6984
- House of sand and fog
- "[Story of] two strangers whose conflicting pursuits of the American Dream lead to a fight for their hopes at any cost. What begins as a struggle over a rundown bungalow spirals into a clash that propels everyone involved toward a shocking resolution"--Container.
- DVD 2997
- It's 1979 and Mary, an Iranian-American teenager is pursuing fun and romance in the New Jersey suburbs. Her strict father forbids her to date and live life like a normal teenager. But her world is changed when her fundamentalist Muslim cousin, Ali, comes to live with her family at the same time that Americans are taken hostage in Iran. Now Mary has to come to terms with her own unique, culturally-divided identity.
- DVD 2421
- Journalist Maziar Bahari is detained by Iranian forces who relentlessly interrogate him under suspicion that he is a spy.
- DVD 10898
- Stoning of Soraya M.
- When a journalist is stranded in her remote village, Zahra takes a bold chance to reveal what the villagers will stop at nothing to keep hidden. Thus begins the remarkable story of what happened to Soraya, a kind-spirited woman whose bad marriage leads her cruel, divorce-seeking husband to trump up false charges of infidelity, which carry an unimaginable penalty.
- DVD 8073