Films & Other Videos
Films with: Ackland, Joss
- John LeCarré's A murder of quality
- George Smiley goes to the aid of his former colleague, Ailsa Brimley after she receives a letter from a woman predicting her own murder and naming her husband as the killer. After the woman is found dead, they uncover secret societies, sexual abuse, and a mysterious boy.
- DVD 10295
- K-19 the widowmaker /
- Captain Vostrikov, a Russian naval officer has being given command of the Soviet Union's first nuclear submarine, K-19, at the height of the Cold War in 1961. The vessel's executive officer Captain Polenin asserts that the flagship is not yet ready for deployment. But, political pressure forces Vostrikov to sail his crew into the North Atlantic anyway, for a missile fire test that serves as a warning to the U.S. The test is a success, but a leak in the K-19's cooling system soon threatens the nuclear payload.
- DVD 4922
- White mischief
- Adaptation of the book by James Fox, based on a true story, which sportrays life in British Colonial Africa between the wars. Set in Nairobi in 1940, its plot elements are based on an actual unsolved murder. Newly-arrived Diana (Greta Scacchi) means to leave her husband (Joss Ackland) for Erroll (Charles Dance), till Erroll is murdered.
- DVD 11684
- Zed & two noughts
- Oliver Deuce, a successful doctor, is shattered when his wife is killed in a freak car accident involving the car being driven by Alba Bewick colliding with a very large rare bird. His twin brother Oswald is researching how carcasses decay at the local zoo. Alba survives the accident although she loses one leg, and her sinister physician eventually removes the other because it looked so sad all alone. Oswald and Oliver become involved with Alba, and uncover dubious trafficking in zoo property. But ultimately, their only goal is to try and understand their mortal condition.
- DVD 1740