Music & Other Recordings
CDs with: Menotti, Gian Carlo
- Happy endings : comic chamber operas.
- Gallantry : a soap opera / music by Douglas Moore ; text by Arnold Sundgaard -- Hin und Zurück = There and back : op. 45a / music by Paul Hindemith ; text by Marcellus Schiffer ; English text by Marion Farquhar -- The telephone, or L'amour à trois / text and music by Gian Carlo Menotti.
- CD 1880
- Knoxville: summer of 1915 / Samuel Barber ; What a curse for a woman is a timid man : from the old maid and the thief / Gian Carlo Menotti ; Mirabai songs / John Harbison ; No word from Tom : from the rake's progress / Igor Stravinsky.
- Knoxville, summer of 1915 / Samuel Barber ; words by James Agee (15:20) -- What a curse for a woman is a timid man : recitative and aria from The old maid and the thief : act I, scene 6 / Gian Carlo Menotti ; words by Gian Carlo Menotti (4:13) -- Mirabai songs. It's true, I went to the market ; All I was doing was breathing ; Why Maria can't go back to her old house ; Where did you go? ; The clouds ; Don't go, don't go / John Harbison ; translations by Robert Bly (16:09) -- No word from Tom : recitative, aria, recitative, cabaletta : from The rake's progress : act I, scene 3 / Igor Stravinsky ; words by W.H. Auden and Chester Kallman (7:19).
- CD 1934
- Vanessa / Barber ; libretto by Gian Carlo Menotti.
- CD 1: Potage creme aux perles -- No, I cannot understand -- Must the winter come so soon? -- Listen! ... They are here ... -- Do not utter a word, Anatol -- Yes, I believe I shall love you -- Who are you? -- And then? -- He made me drink -- No, you are not as good a skater -- "Under the willow tree ..." -- Erika, I am so happy -- Our arms entwined -- Did you hear her? -- Outside this house the world has changed -- Orchestral Interloude -- Hymn. CD 2: The Count and Countess d'Albany -- I should never have been a doctor -- Here you are! -- At last I found you -- Nothing to worry about -- Why did no one warn me? -- Why must the greatst sorrows -- There, look! -- Anatol, tell me the thruth! -- Take me away -- Grandmother! -- Yes, Erika -- Intermezzo -- By the time we arrive -- For every love there is a last farewell -- And you, my friend -- To leave, to break -- Goodbye, Ericka.
- CD 2300